plot
The world has been thrown into turmoil. Two alien invasions in as many years resulted in thousands of casualties, with both only narrowly beaten back, and dangerous advanced technology falling into unscrupulous hands. Magneto's defeat by the Sentinels drove mutant supremacists to increasingly desperate and savage lengths. Rumors grew of uncanny monsters stalking the shadows and taking the unwary. But, through it all, humanity placed its faith in S.H.I.E.L.D.

And then S.H.I.E.L.D. fell.

wanted
We are looking for Melinda May, Jemma Simmons, T'Challa, Karl Mordo, Hank McCoy, Lucas Bishop, Dr. Doom, X-Men, Inhumans,

credits

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Do or do not, there is no try, tag: Dr. Strange
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 06:23 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

August 15, 2014

~~~

It was endlessly frustrating for the Sorceress Supreme of Limbo to be so very much less impressive when it came to wielding magic on Earth. For the last several weeks, Illyana had been seeking out someone who might be able to help her become a stronger sorceress on this plane of Reality, and finally! She’d found just the person. He was referred to as Doctor Strange, and he resided in a place called the Sanctum Sanctorum, which happened to be located nearby, in the City.

Illyana took a few minutes to consult with some mapping technology on her school-issued laptop, and once she felt comfortable with the location, she called forth a stepping disc that would bring her there -- right to the front door.

Sure, she could probably teleport herself right on inside the building, but… that’d be rude -- and besides, a place with as grand a name as ‘Sanctum Sanctorum’ was sure to be heavily warded.

Hopefully, this Doctor Strange wouldn’t wind up tossing her aside, and would instead take her under his wing, for Magik was looking for any help she could find.

Dr. Stephen Strange

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dr. Stephen Strange
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 07:22 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

29 posts

Dr. Stephen Strange

Independents

Stephen was in the middle of his daily meditation and studying (At least that's what his astral form was doing) when he sensed that there was someone at the front doors of the Sanctum. He sighed and smiled slightly, having predicted that a young but powerful sorceress would come there...but he wasn't expecting it to be this soon. But he was already about to seek her out too if needed-and now, it wasn't needed anymore.

His astral form returned to his physical form while the book it was reading fell to the floor. He then got up and headed for the front doors. He opened them to find the very person he predicted to arrive there. "Illyana Rasputin...I presume?",he asked the girl. Since he was a master of the mystic arts, he knew of the great magic users that dwelled in various dimensions, etc...and she was one of them. "I have been expecting you for some time,my dear...come in....please.", he said.

Illyana Rasputina
PM
^
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 09:26 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

Before she could even lift her hand to knock on the grand doors of the Sanctum, the doors opened as if of their own accord, which completely took Illyana by surprise. She was visibly startled and even let out a tiny gasp -- and then a split second later she saw that there was actually someone on the other side of those doors, and it had been him who’d opened them.

Illyana, you’re losing it… she silently chided herself.

And then, he spoke: "Illyana Rasputin...I presume?",he asked the girl. Since he was a master of the mystic arts, he knew of the great magic users that dwelled in various dimensions, etc...and she was one of them. "I have been expecting you for some time,my dear...come in....please.", he said.

Again, the blonde was visibly shocked. She hadn’t expected the great Doctor Strange to know her name, let alone be able to match it to her face -- and most surprising of all was that he seemed to have been expecting her. Of course, Illyana shouldn’t have been too surprised -- this man was known to be the world’s foremost sorceror. Nothing about Strange should surprise her… Of course, she hadn’t expected that he would look so incredibly dashing and have such a pleasing voice.

Illy’s shock quickly melted into a very pleasant and respectful disposition, and she smiled dazzlingly and replied, “Indeed. And you, I presume, must be Doctor Strange?”

But, of course he was! He had to be!

She followed him on inside and asked, ”How did you know I would come?”

Dr. Stephen Strange

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dr. Stephen Strange
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 09:55 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

29 posts

Dr. Stephen Strange

Independents

"I'm a master of the Mystic Arts my dear..I know many things.", he said nonchalantly as he lead her further into the house. "Now...I gather you came to me for some help in furthering your studies in those same arts. Am I right?", he asked.

He may not be psychic, but his natural ability in magic did help him do a little prediction and some premonitions as well and this instance was no exception.

He walked alongside her but stopped and asked. "May I asked what areas you need help in...or is it everything you need help with?"
PM
^
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 07:42 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

When he asked her if she’d come there seeking to train with her magical abilities, Illyana nodded. The fact that he’d guessed correctly wasn’t all that astounding; however, the fact that he must have sensed her power and that she was coming to him… Well, that was much more impressive.

Unless, of course, someone from the XI had picked up a telephone and called ahead on her behalf.

Doctor Strange went on to ask Illyana what areas of magic she was looking for help with, or if it was everything, to which Illyana initially replied with a heavy sigh.

”Well… I understand the theory and the mechanics of magic. In fact, in a different realm, I rule as Sorceress Supreme; however, I can’t seem to replicate my spells on this plane…” She sighed again. It felt so lame to be so powerful in Limbo, and then so relatively helpless here on Earth.

That needed to change.

Perhaps they could try to sort out what might be holding her back?

Dr. Stephen Strange

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dr. Stephen Strange
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 08:57 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

29 posts

Dr. Stephen Strange

Independents

Stephen nodded as he listened to her tale and nodded...that is until she told him how she ruled another realm as Sorceress Supreme-that took him by surprise.

"I see...well, hmm..yes, I can see where that would be a bit problematic. But don't worry any longer...you came to the right place. Just go pick a room and settle in. We can get started on solving your problem right away-that is...if you so desire.",he said knowing that this task could....and probably would.....take a while.

He sighed softly to himself as his mind ran wild with how there was apparently more than one Sorcerer Supreme when he thought there was only one...at least that was all he was told back at Kamar-Taj. He smiled slightly, honored and pleased to be helping another one.

"Oh and by the way...it is an honor to have a Sorceress Supreme in my humble abode.",he said sincerely with a polite bow.

@[@Illyana Rasputina]
PM
^
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: May 1 2017, 09:25 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

Well… That had gone much more smoothly than Illyana had prepared for. Without hesitation, Earth’s Sorcerer Supreme had not only invited her into his home (after saying that he had been expecting her), but he had also told her to choose a room of her own and then said that they could get started right away with her training.

She hadn’t expected to be so readily accepted, nor made to feel so welcome. It was a rather nice surprise -- and a very lovely feeling.

Doctor Strange, then, told her that he was honored that she -- another Sorcerer Supreme -- had sought him out and come to see him. Illyana smiled in response and felt a bit unsure as to what she ought to say… Her people skills were still, sometimes, a bit lacking -- a side effect of growing up in Limbo as an apprentice to the darkest sorcerer she had ever known. She’d sort of missed out on developing her social skills, but she’d been working hard to catch up since returning to Earth.

“Thank you,” she managed to say. Illy didn’t feel particularly worthy of Strange’s attention, nor his respect -- but it had been a huge compliment, deserved or not, and it needed to be acknowledged.

She hadn’t really brought anything with her -- of course, anything she may come to need was only a stepping disc away, whether it be one of Belasco’s old spellbooks, or a change of clothes -- so she wasn’t so sure about dashing off to claim a room of her own… At least, not yet. She wanted to talk to her brother about this, before she made any sort of major commitment -- for she was, of course, still committed to the X-Men. Until then, Illyana planned on coming and going as she saw fit (or, as needed).

“Would it be alright if we got started right away?” Illyana asked; with a shrug, she added, “And maybe you could give me a tour, later?”

Dr. Stephen Strange

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dr. Stephen Strange
 Posted: May 4 2017, 08:31 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

29 posts

Dr. Stephen Strange

Independents

"If that is what you want to do then we absolutely can....but not here.", Stephen said with a nod. He was many things and flexible was one-he just hoped a good teacher/mentor was another.

He then motioned for her to follow him. "This way...we'll begin your training in my study and the first lesson is entirely up to you.", he said with a smile as he lead her to the study, down a long hallway that was filled with a vast array of antiques from all corners of the world as well as various points in history and in the multiverse.

PM
^
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: May 21 2017, 09:52 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

Illyana followed Stephen into his study, marveling at the collection of magical artifacts and relics that filled the hallways of the stately Sanctum Sanctorum. Everything was so beautiful and so fascinating! But, that wasn’t why she had come… Perhaps there would be time later to explore and investigate this very interesting abode and the things kept within its walls?

For now, though, Illyana was determined to focus on her training. She was in the best of hands -- at least, in this dimension -- though, Illy was a little worried that her handsome mentor may prove to be a bit of a distraction.

Regardless, she soon found herself within Stephen’s study, and he had just given her carte blanche to learn whatever she would like. So, where should they begin today?

”I’d like to stay away from anything… dark,” Illyana requested. She didn’t wish to tempt the Darkchilde to come out and play… Not here. Not now. Not around Dr. Strange! She’d only just met him, and she couldn’t afford to let him see her at her worst -- at her most corrupted. He’d dismiss her for sure, if not banish her to some other realm.

”What did you learn first?” she asked. She had no idea how a proper sorcerer would train…

Dr. Stephen Strange

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dr. Stephen Strange
 Posted: May 24 2017, 12:12 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

29 posts

Dr. Stephen Strange

Independents

" Alright...we'll only deal with the light side of magic.", Stephen said upon hearing her say that she'd rather not deal with the dark side of magic. He knew that there would possibly be a day where they'd have to dabble with it but that was not for a long time to come.

When she asked him what he had learned first, he paused for a moment to think back to it. "You mean after the basics in what magic, it's language, and how to use or cast it? I believe it was using magic as defense in combat as well as creating a portal with a sling ring.", he told her with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"Any of those strike your interest?", he asked.
PM
^
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: May 29 2017, 10:23 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

Illyana already knew how to read and cast magic -- as he’d just said, those were the basics. However, defensive magic sounded interesting. Illy could already cast bursts of eldritch energy, so it seemed she had the offensive side handled -- but using magic to defend or protect… that seemed a great thing to focus on -- and a great thing to help keep her inner Darkchilde at bay.

Now, Illyana could create portals of her own, but she had no idea what a sling ring was… Her portals were generated by her x-gene -- not by magic. So, when Stephen mentioned such a thing, the Russian was left perplexed.

Curiously, she asked, ”What’s a sling ring?” She knew what it did, based on what he’d just said, but she’d never seen one before, and she had no idea how they were supposed to be used. Perhaps Belasco had had one, but… How was Illy to know if she couldn’t identify one on-sight?

Dr. Stephen Strange

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dr. Stephen Strange
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 08:13 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

29 posts

Dr. Stephen Strange

Independents

"Well...let me show you.", Stephen said as he looked down and took hold of a small piece of metal jewelry that he gently removed from the bet around his waist. He then walked over to her clutching it tightly in his hand before soon unfurling his hand showing it to her.

"Lesson number one...this is a sling ring. You use it to create a portal that will take you from one place to another, wherever that may be. Now....here's how to use it.", he said. Without a moment's hesitation, he put the ring on the first two fingers of his left hand and made a circular motion with his right and soon a ring of gold sparks appeared and spread apart to reveal a plateau on Mt. Everest.

This was followed by a story he told her about how he really learned to use it after the Ancient One brought him there and then left him there to learn to surrender as well as to focus on what he needed to do to survive/where he needed to go to get himself out of the beyond freezing climate around him...which he did.

He soon moved his right hand and closed the portal up before looking at Illyana. "Would you like to try?",he asked her.
PM
^
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 08:09 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

Illyana watched Stephen use a sling ring to open a portal to what appeared to be Mount Everest. It struck her as interesting -- but not surprising -- that her own mutant ability to open stepping discs seemed very similar. She watched the sparks of magical energy dance around the edges of the portal, and she admired the snowy peak before her, while Stephen told her of the Ancient One and his early training.

Then, the portal was gone -- and he asked if she’d like to give it a go.

Illyana couldn’t help but smirk.

Apparently, he only knew of her magical potential and ability -- and nothing of her mutant status and her natural ability to create portals of her own.

”I think I can manage without one,” Illy boldly claimed. ”Where would you like to go?” she asked a bit nonchalantly, as if opening portals were no big deal.

Because… it wasn’t.

This was going to be fun!

Dr. Stephen Strange

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dr. Stephen Strange
 Posted: Jun 27 2017, 01:46 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

29 posts

Dr. Stephen Strange

Independents

"Alright....and right now, nowhere. It's best if we both stayed here for the time being and not attract unwanted attention. ", Stephen said.

He then thought about what he could teach her. "Perhaps some basic defenses and attacks would be the perfect place for us to start. I could teach you how to summon the winds of Watoomb, the mists of Munnopor, the crimson bands of Cytorrak..and a host of other spells.",he said as he rattled off a few of the defenses and attack spells he knew and had summoned in past battles.

"Any of those strike your fancy or is there something else you'd like to try? It's apprentice's choice.", he said slightly joking with her on the 'apprentice remark.
PM
^
Illyana Rasputina
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 12:18 PM

Magik

bio

plotter

52 posts

Illyana Rasputina

Xavier Institute

Illyana didn't mind being referred to as an apprentice -- that is, in fact, what she had hoped to become, today.

"Why don't we start with that first one you mentioned -- the Winds of Watoomb?" she asked. Illy wanted to learn them all -- and more -- but she knew that learning each spell one at a time would be best.

"Is Watoomb a place? Or... was he a great sorcerer from long ago?" she inquired, thinking that it might be wise to gain an understanding of the source of the spell. Such an understanding may make it easier to focus on and cast the spell.

At least, Illy thought that might be a valid theory!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine