plot
The world has been thrown into turmoil. Two alien invasions in as many years resulted in thousands of casualties, with both only narrowly beaten back, and dangerous advanced technology falling into unscrupulous hands. Magneto's defeat by the Sentinels drove mutant supremacists to increasingly desperate and savage lengths. Rumors grew of uncanny monsters stalking the shadows and taking the unwary. But, through it all, humanity placed its faith in S.H.I.E.L.D.

And then S.H.I.E.L.D. fell.

wanted
We are looking for Melinda May, Jemma Simmons, Black Panther, Peter Parker, Dr. Doom, X-Men, Inhumans,

credits

Add Reply
New Poll

Jeffrey Mace / The Patriot
Jeffrey Mace
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 08:04 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

16 posts

Jeffrey Mace

A.E.G.I.S.

BASIC INFORMATION

NAME(S)

CODENAME, ETC.

Jeffrey Solomon Mace

The Patriot

OCCUPATION

ACTUAL AGE

Deputy Director for Intelligence, AEGIS

APPEARANCE

HEIGHT

6’

BUILD

Muscular

HAIR

Brown

EYES

Blue

Early 40’s

SEX

Male

SPECIES

Human

PLAYBY

Jason O’Mara

DETAILS

The most fitting description of Jeffery Mace is 'slightly above average’. He is tall, but not overly so. He is handsome but not amazingly so. His brawny build is usually hidden under a business suit. He has no defining scars beyond a ‘cauliflower’ ear on his right side, received from one too many backyard football games, but even that is hardly noticeable.

However, Mace is only ‘slightly above average’ until he starts talking. He is an engaging public speaker, projecting competence and credibility. One on one he is even more compelling, his earnest demeanor tempered by an ‘Everyman’ charm that puts most people at ease.

PERSONALITY

Jeffery Mace was raised a secular Jew in the close knit Jewish community of Borough Park, in Brooklyn. As such, he always had the sense of not quite being good enough to belong. That need to belong, to be inclusive and accepting of those who are different, has molded all of his decisions.He is almost always willing to hear someone out, as long as they return the courtesy.

That, however, does not make him a push-over. Mace has a very strong moral code and self-described ‘old-fashioned’ sensibilities. He sees himself as a protector and a spokesperson for powered individual's rights, particularly those whose powers were not chosen by them. He has a keen understanding of how an ‘accident of birth’ can unfairly change how people treat each other, and is an advocate for tolerance.

RESOURCES

EQUIPMENT

Patriot Serum - Developed from the bio-enhancing serum created by Calvin Zabo with ‘the bad stuff removed...mostly.’ It contains several drugs including anabolic steroids, methamphetamine, adrenaline and liver inhibitors, as well as less conventional ingredients such as gorilla testosterone and peppermint.The serum imparts greater strength and durability, though Mace needs keep a certain concentration within his system. Should bioavailability dip below a certain threshold the next dosing will cause cardiac/circulatory damage, each incident compounding on the last.

Patriot Armor - The armor itself is standard assault armor with the added embellishments of the symbol on the chest and stars on the fingerless gauntlets. The important features are the serum delivery device and GPS tracker built into the belt, and the metabolic monitor in the chestplate.

ASSOCIATES

Mace is the director of the intelligence arm of AEGIS. ‘Nuff said.

OTHER

Before joining Aegis, Mace had successful career as both a war and political correspondent. He has contacts all over the world, in many governments, factions, and militant groups.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

SKILLS, POWERS, ETC.

Enhanced strength - Can lift 4000 lbs with little effort. Can halt a moving military truck with some effort and still fight.

Enhanced Duability - Has shown no evidence of damage, even when going up against highly powered individuals.

Basic Hand to Hand proficiency

Basic Firearms proficiency

Multi Lingual

WEAKNESSES, DISADVANTAGES, ETC.

Dependence of the Patriot Serum

Mace relies on his strength in most combat situations, lacking the ‘finesse’ of many trained agents. A more nimble opponent may get the upper hand, but only until he wears them out.

BIOGRAPHY

PAST

Jeffrey Solomon Mace was born May 29, 1972 to Rebeka and Henry Mace of Brooklyn NY. They had married against her father’s wishes, resulting in her being cut off from the local jewish community for marrying a gentile plumber. Rebeka’s mother would have none of that, and doted on her only grandson. Even so, her attention couldn’t make up for the feeling of not quite belonging he felt whenever he stepped out the door.

Mace attended the Riverdale Country School, a highly competitive college-prep school in New York City, and later went to Stanford University, where he occasionally wrote for The Stanford Daily. He graduated from Stanford in 1996 with a B.A. in International Relations. After graduating from Stanford, Mace left for Cairo, living and working as a freelance reporter for four years. Then he worked as the Middle East correspondent for "The World",from 2000–02.

In 2002 he was tapped as one of the first embedded journalists in the Iraq war. When other journalists pulled out due the dangers, Mace stayed. While the live reports on military activities were what paid his way, for Jeffrey it was the plight of those unwilling caught in the struggle that he spent most of his time on. While working on such an article in 2006 he ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was there he first met Henry Gyrich. A meeting that resulted in the beginning of a long friendship, and Mace being shipped back to the US for medical treatment. The events surrounding that meeting changed the course of Mace’s life.

Disenchanted with the military’s goals and how they achieved them, Mace transitioned from war correspondent to political correspondent, with a focus on improving the lives of those living in war zones. While he still travelled to the middle east, Mace found himself more and more in Washington DC working as a journalist for International Affairs. He had been on his way to a meeting with Claire Wise, a low level shield agent and assistant to Felix Blake, when shield fell. Like many others on the bridge to the Triskelion, he had stopped his car to watch in awe as three massive helicarriers lifted out of the Potomac.

Then they started firing on each other. Percussive blasts rocked the vehicles and soon scrap rained down on the bridge. A particularly large piece of metal crushing the nose of his car convinced Mace that it would be best to get off the bridge, by foot if needed. It was during that escape that someone photographed him protecting an unconscious woman from the falling debris of airships. Despite his attempts to downplay the his actions, an attitude seen as modesty, he was proclaimed a hero by both the public and the American government.

Soon after Mace was approached by General Talbot to take part in ‘the patriot program’. He saw this as a chance to truly champion those with powers, leading by example.

FUTURE

Plans are already in motion.

SAMPLE RP

This meeting had gone entirely differently than Jeffery had expected. When General Talbot’s Assistant had set it up, she had said it was in reference to the work her was doing promoting equal rights for those with powers. Nothing had been said about a job offer, certainly not THIS job offer. The position Talbot had outlined from the other side of the walnut desk was more than he had even hoped of attaining, and completely out of his league.

“First, General, let me say I am honored you even considered me for this position.” Mace smiled hesitantly. “I agree that we as a country need to take a more proactive approach on peacefully integrating individuals with powers into our society. To do that we will need the trust and support of the public, which won’t be easy to get. There will always be a fear that we are another SHIELD disaster in the making. To get in on the ground floor of this initiative? Absolutely.”

“But, correct me if I am wrong, wouldn’t it make much more sense to have someone that those individuals can relate to as the face of this new organization? I know it is probably too bureaucratic for the likes of Captain America, but there must be an Inhuman, a mutant… Someone the public trusts, who has abilities? I’m just an ordinary man.”

Talbot smiled, it wasn’t comforting. “For now.”

“Excuse me?”

The general pushed away from the desk and picked up a tablet. A thumbprint and several passwords later he handed it to Mace. Leaning on the edge of the desk, he crossed his arms and explained what Mace was looking at. “This is the Patriot Program. The eggheads over at Hammond Labs have created a serum that they believe will enhance the subjects physical abilities. Strength and endurance, mostly. They also believe you would be a good match, though more testing would be needed. If you agree, and the experiment is a success, then you will be just the right person for the position we discussed.”

Mace had flipped quickly past most of the science but paused when confronted with his own medical records. “Wait... IF it is a success?’

“It’s called an experiment for a reason, Jeffery. You’ll be their first human subject. There is bound to be some risk, but they are confident they will get results. You in?”

“Whew.. This is a pretty big decision,” Jeffery paused, clearly overwhelmed. “I’m going to need to think on it.”

“You have ten minutes.”

Jeffrey blinked in surprise as Talbot walked out of the room. Ten Minutes? That was barely enough time to decide on a dinner, never mind make such a life changing decision. Literally life changing. Possibly life ending. Was that a risk he wanted to take? Better him than someone else, someone who had family depending on them. Family that would mourn them if this serum didn’t work correctly. But if it worked…

If it worked then there would be more than one life changed. In that position, as a member of a community he had been championing for so long, he could really make a difference. He would have direct input in the creating and enforcing of policy. He could try and balance out the military mindset that viewed those with powers as either a treat or an asset. They were more than that, they were human and deserved the same rights as any other. He would protect those rights, as one of them.

He was in.

OOC INFORMATION

PLAYED BY

CONTACT

member name

PM is usually best if I am not about in chats

PLAYER NOTES

It’s all Iatu’s fault.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine