plot
The world has been thrown into turmoil. Two alien invasions in as many years resulted in thousands of casualties, with both only narrowly beaten back, and dangerous advanced technology falling into unscrupulous hands. Magneto's defeat by the Sentinels drove mutant supremacists to increasingly desperate and savage lengths. Rumors grew of uncanny monsters stalking the shadows and taking the unwary. But, through it all, humanity placed its faith in S.H.I.E.L.D.

And then S.H.I.E.L.D. fell.

wanted
We are looking for Melinda May, Jemma Simmons, Black Panther, Peter Parker, Dr. Doom, X-Men, Inhumans,

credits

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

There're no save points in real life, Tag: Nick Fury | 21st March
Skye
 Posted: Jan 21 2016, 11:07 AM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skye had decided to take a well-earned (or potentially well-earned...who was she to judge?) break to relax and calm her nerves, especially in light of recent events. What better way to do that than to play video games? Her preferred console was anything Playstation, of course, and they had come up with a game where you could play the Avengers. You could play multiplayer and pit them against each other...

It was a pretty cheesy game, yet addictive. All these missions and, well, if anyone wanted to see the Hulk rescuing a cat from a tree...It took Skye's mind off the heavy matter of H.Y.D.R.A. and Ward, who she pretended was this or that bad guy in the game so she could take a hammer to him real good. Right now, she was sat in the lounge on the sofa with the wireless controller in her hands, avidly staring at the screen.

Sometimes it was fun to play with others, but today she was better off playing it by herself; she wanted to complete it alone before seeing if Fitz would join her and play through it that way. There were extra missions on multiplayer too, though each character had different missions too. However, she'd chosen Thor, because hel-lo he's dreamy. They'd gotten the character design done well, the voices...were a little silly along with some rather hilarious (and probably out of character) catchphrases.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nick Fury
 Posted: Jan 25 2016, 09:05 PM

Nick Fury

bio

plotter

79 posts

Nick Fury

StaffNPCs

Nick Fury had begun to wonder what it was with SHIELD agents and video games. It seemed like they'd always gone hand in hand. He remembered a souped-up version of Space War! making the rounds, and he'd been a pretty fair hand at Lords of Midnight. Now it was things like Galaga, Call of Duty, and something with bouncing werewolves.

So it didn't really surprise him when he came into the lounge and was greeted by the crackle of lightning and the sound of oddly-cadenced voices coming from the screen. Sitting on the couch in front of it was a young woman. She had her back to him, and only her head and shoulders -- bobbing and twitching in a way that he'd come to associate with game controllers -- were visible. Still, he recognized the young lady hacker Coulson had recruited.

Curious about her (and, if he was honest, about the game she was playing), he strolled over and stood behind her to watch the proceedings. Colorful figures were racing, and in at least one case flying, about, and it took him a several seconds to figure out what he was looking at. The surfer-dude had to be Thor, and the improbably pneumatic redhead was Agent Romanoff. Then his attention fell on a figure who seemed to be a cross between a gangsta and a pirate, and his eye narrowed.

Leaning on the back of the couch, he said, "I do not talk like that."

Tag @Skye
PMEmail
^
Skye
 Posted: Feb 1 2016, 05:47 PM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skye had been so focussed on the game that she didn't hear anyone come in and when the man spoke, she jumped in fright and ended up rolling onto the floor, hand unable to find a handgun. Of course, she didn't have one on her. It was under the goddamned sofa, but looking up, she saw the familiar face of Nick Fury. She should have known, really; he had one of those unforgettable voices.

She straightened herself up and chucked the controller onto the couch. No point pretending that didn't happen, because it did. However, she played it cool; she wasn't going to reveal just how embarrassed she felt. "If you think you sound bad, you should hear Loki. He sounds like a really bad cartoon villain," Skye said. Taking over the world was pretty Pinky and the Brain, but from the files she'd seen, he was...well, showy, but the Stuttgart incident had needed a show. Distractions and all.

"Are you here for Coulson? If so, I think you just missed him..." Skye said, checking her watch. "...by an hour..."

She would say she was surprised at how much time had passed, but she wasn't.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nick Fury
 Posted: Feb 6 2016, 10:59 PM

Nick Fury

bio

plotter

79 posts

Nick Fury

StaffNPCs

Fury watched with some inward amusement as his speaking sent the young woman catapulting off the couch and onto the floor, scrabbling for a gun that wasn't there. He tended to have that effect on people, even SHIELD agents. Or, more often than not, especially SHIELD agents. It had always been the case, but his 'coming back from the dead' had only enhanced the effect. Not that he minded, as he enjoyed keeping people on their toes.

Snorting the Fury version of a laugh at Skye's description of Loki's voice, he said simply, "Good." It was a minor swipe at the Asgardian and might have seemed a little spiteful, but he wasn't above directing a bit of spite at the man who'd attacked his world -- and his Helicarrier. And it wasn't like he'd had much other opportunity to express his displeasure, with Loki taken back to Asgard to suffer their justice, whatever that might be.

The information about Coulson brought a twitch of a smile from the Director and he perched a hip on the back of the couch, clearly settling in for a longer conversation. "Actually, I'm not here for Coulson. I'm here for you."

@Skye
PMEmail
^
Skye
 Posted: Feb 8 2016, 05:31 PM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skye smirked at his answer; it was no secret that no one in SHIELD liked Loki, who would? HYDRA, probably, but he had attacked them too, technically. Bad guys made no sense anyway. She was pretty sure they were all nuts anyway; why did they want to be heartless assholes who no one would like? Could they even trust each other? If you could stab the people you'd spent months with, getting to know and acting all buddy buddy with in the back, you could probably stab your questionable allies in the backs too.

They were worthless anyway.

She straightened up a little subconsciously at that; why was he here to see her? Usually that only meant one thing and that was bad. Like, the Principal wanted to see you bad. Fury was kinda the Principal, even if it was now Maria Hill in charge. Maybe she hadn't worked for the guy directly or spoken to him directly much, but old habits.

"Me? What did I do?" Skye asked, though she couldn't remember doing anything...or maybe there was something and she had forgotten. Honestly, she did so much at SHIELD, she could hardly keep tabs.

@Nick Fury

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nick Fury
 Posted: Feb 16 2016, 07:45 PM

Nick Fury

bio

plotter

79 posts

Nick Fury

StaffNPCs

Fury often felt like he imagined a school principal must feel. All he had to do was speak to someone and he could see the Conscience Check kick into gear, their minds racing back over the past few minutes, hours, or days, trying to figure out what sin they'd committed that had attracted his attention. Sometimes, he didn't even have to say anything, all he had to do was look at them. It was usually quite effective, but it clearly hadn't worked on the Hydra infiltrators that had rotted his life's work from the inside out like some sort of flesh-eating bacteria.

Hydra infiltrators like Grant Ward, who had managed to fool not just Fury but Phil Coulson, too. He'd fooled Coulson's team, as well, which had never suspected the mole until it was too late, despite having worked closely with him. And of that team, none of them had worked as closely with Ward as the young woman before him. The Hydra agent had been her training officer. Which, given that the 'Hydra infection' had been passed to Ward via his own TO, Garrett, had caused her to come under some suspicion.

That suspicion was, to Fury's way of thinking, unwarranted, not to mention short-sighted. While Ward had left an indelible mark on her, she too had left one on him. And with the young man rising fast in the ranks of the shrinking remnant of Hydra, Fury wanted to get some feeling for what they might be dealing with.

"You haven't done anything," the shadow Director said. "Well, not anything bad. I just wanted to talk to you." He paused, regarding her with his single eye. "About Grant Ward."
PMEmail
^
Skye
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 04:38 PM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Staring down Director Fury (well, pseudo...in all honesty, she still saw him as Director, in some shape or form. Habits were hard to kick) was like staring down a black SUV or something. Intimidating, but only harmful if you're in its way. Honestly, she wasn't sure where that particular metaphor (simile? English hadn't been her strong suit) came from. At any rate, she stood there calmly, waiting for him to announce his reasons.

Realisation flashed across her face before a slight hardness did and she sat herself on the sofa, gesturing for him to sit if he wanted to. Did he sit in these kinds of situations? There was an armchair or the other end of the couch she was sat on, should he fancy it. There was another armchair, but that had apparently been dragged off to God knew where.

"Grant Ward. I can't say I'm really surprised, given everything that happened between us," Skye said. She didn't really like talking about him, but she wasn't exactly going to refuse the former Director. Former or not, he was a big gun in this organisation. "I'll answer what I can; I mean, the guy wasn't exactly Mr. Open and friendly, bit of a stiff at first, but eventually opened up a bit...at least, that's what I thought." She scoffed.

Nick Fury

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nick Fury
 Posted: Mar 5 2016, 04:04 PM

Nick Fury

bio

plotter

79 posts

Nick Fury

StaffNPCs

Moving around the couch, Nick took hold of the back of the remaining armchair and spun it around. One-handed, he picked it up and carried it over to set down in front of where Skye was sitting, a comfortable conversational distance away. Sitting down himself, he flared the tails of his long black coat out with an unconscious automatic brush of his hand before leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees.

"Ward was your TO," Fury said. "That's a relationship," he shook his head, "like no other. Believe me, I know. Now, I've read all his reports, what he said and what he didn't say, but it runs both ways. You learn from each other, and you learn about each other. Even things you didn't mean to give away."

Sitting back again, he tilted his head, regarding the young woman with his sharp single eye. "Tell me," he said.

Skye
PMEmail
^
Skye
 Posted: Mar 8 2016, 04:21 AM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skye watched him move the chair, noting his strength, and nodded at the mention of her TO, assuming that was the same as SO. She might have become an actual agent of SHIELD, but she still had a long way to go. Although the levels had been abolished, she was still at a low point. "I guess so, but it all depends what you're looking for. I can tell you that his defining moment had to do with his brother and a well, where his younger brother was thrown in the well by his older brother and said older brother told him not to help the younger or he'd join him," Skye said.

She thought for a moment. What else was there? "What the Asgardian Lorelei came down and was able to command people with her voice, make them do what she wanted...the other Asgardian Sif told us that there are rare men who can resist her voice, but if she adds touch...then she can. Ward had to be touched, he resisted her voice alone," Skye said.

She had no idea if that was on his file or not, not having read it. Skye didn't really want to. She just wanted to stay the hell away from him.

Nick Fury

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nick Fury
 Posted: Mar 14 2016, 08:32 PM

Nick Fury

bio

plotter

79 posts

Nick Fury

StaffNPCs

For a large and active man, Fury could sit very patiently still when he chose to, which he did while listening to Skye. Anyone looking at them from outside would probably have been struck by the obvious contrasts between them, everything from size, gender, race, and age to the way they dressed. But for all their superficial differences, they were the same in their dedication to SHIELD and opposition to Hydra and that was all that mattered.

Catching Skye's moment of confusion when he used the term TO, Fury remembered they were calling them 'SO's now -- 'supervising officers' instead of 'training officers,' as they had in the days when he was coming up. Briefly, he considered explaining, but she was a smart kid and had clearly gotten it from context, and he didn't want to disrupt the flow.

Her description of Ward's childhood trauma was met with a nod. Thanks to John Garrett, they couldn't trust their files on Ward, but he'd expected there to be something like that. Some psychopaths were born and some were made. Ward struck him as the latter sort, though he could be wrong. God knew his judgement of certain people had been comprehensively demonstrated as flawed.

"Undercover takes a strong will," the shadow director said in reply to Skye's account of the Hydra agent's resistance to Lorelei. "Especially a long and close-in operation like Ward's. You have to believe absolutely that you're your mask, while at the same time hold on fast to who you really are somewhere deep inside. You don't, and sooner or later it starts to blur." He sounded like he was speaking from experience, and he was.

"Do you think" Fury said after a pensive moment, "it would be worthwhile to try to take him alive, should the opportunity arise?"

Skye
PMEmail
^
Skye
 Posted: Mar 20 2016, 04:11 PM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skye nodded slowly, thinking about his words. "Makes sense...sort of. I just...I never suspected. No one did. That's...the scariest part. That someone could be that good at lying, at...pretending, acting...I suppose I've still got a lot to learn, in SHIELD and life. Twenty-five, I thought I was doing pretty well...but kinda still a child in SHIELD terms, eh?" Skye said, the last part a bit more playful. Sometimes...you just had to put a smile on.

She sighed. "We need to contain him...at the very least. I doubt we'd get any information from him. You know, I had the opportunity to let him die. Mike Peterson, who as you know was being heavily blackmailed, shot him with this heart stopper thing...and I had to open the hard drive or let him die. I know I've already given a statement about this, so it's nothing new, but..." Skye said, licking her lips. She wished she had something to drink.

"I...couldn't let him die. I don't know if that makes me weak, especially after what he did, but..." Skye trailed off, shrugging half-heartedly. She wasn't going to mention the whole feelings thing; it was awkward enough with Coulson, nevermind the former Director who she barely knew and, well, he felt more like a somewhat strict Principal at times. Albeit better dressed.

She looked at Fury. “Have you ever had that happen? Someone you couldn’t bring yourself to kill or let die, even though it would probably have done people a favour?” Skye asked. “You don’t have to answer that of course.” She gave a bit of an awkward laugh.

None.

CODED BY RIXENRAE

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nick Fury
 Posted: Apr 1 2016, 08:18 PM

Nick Fury

bio

plotter

79 posts

Nick Fury

StaffNPCs

At Skye's mention of being a child in SHIELD terms, Nick smiled. "We were all that, once," he said. "Even me, hard as that is to believe." Sitting back a little in his chair, the leather of his coat creaked -- or at least he liked to think it was the leather and not his aging muscles and bones.

"Back when I first joined SHIELD," he continued, leaving off any references to dinosaurs roaming the Earth, "there was a high-ranking senior agent named Valentina de Fontaine. Pretty much everyone called her 'La Comtessa,' though, and we all stood a bit in awe of her. Her parents had belonged to the Italian anti-fascists during the War, and word was they'd actively involved her in some of their operations, even when she was a little girl. However it happened, she was smart, tough, sneaky, and ruthless.

“She worked hand-in-glove with the first Nick Fury, and there was talk they were even closer than that.” He crossed his fingers in a no-light-between-them gesture, then uncrossed them and waved his hand as if brushing the innuendo away. “I never saw it, though, and those two were my idols so believe me, I was watching. Still, they were very close, and he trusted her completely."

Sighing, the big man looked off into the past for a moment, lost in his memories. "I was always working on improving my tradecraft, so one day I decided to practice shadowing a subject. Covert surveillance like that has never been one of my strengths, you might say. So I picked La Comtessa as my subject. I figured if I could tail her without being made, I could tail anyone."

He shook his head. "I saw a lot more than I'd bargained for -- her meeting with members of a covert group called Leviathan. Not just meeting them, but giving them orders. I didn't want to believe it, but back then I still had this," he touched his cheek below the eyepatch, "in perfect working order, and I knew what I'd seen. And if I'd had any doubts, that's when she spotted me and sent them to kill me. Long story short, they weren't good enough. I won, and I could have taken her out. And I let her walk away.

"Maybe I was weak, like you figure you were. But I'll tell you another story. About ... God, has it been ten years? ago I sent a young agent to sanction an assassin. He was a long range hitter, didn't know her, had never even met her. Top guy, and Coulson was his control. Easy-peasy. He got her in his sights ... and then he stood down. Wouldn't take the shot. His name was Clint Barton. The assassin's was Natasha Romanoff."

TAG: Skye
PMEmail
^
Skye
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 09:59 AM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skye laughed at that. "That contradicts several rumours going around; most of them are pretty bizarre," she said, amusement flickering in her eyes; they were bound to be funny, really. Nowhere, apparently, not even a super secret organisation like SHIELD, was safe from daft rumours. "It is hard to imagine you as some rookie once upon a time...as absurd as that sounds."

She listened to him speak, resisting the urge to interrupt. Another Nick Fury? Was it a title passed down or perhaps a father, though that didn't sound like the case. However, he was telling a story and she wasn't going to be rude. Even if she was basically the chattiest on her team.

More betrayal. He'd seen it before and it must suck to have gone through it again. She knew personal betrayal more than once; both had romance involved. She wasn't in a rush to jump back on the romance wagon.

Then he spoke of a mission ten years ago and, wow, that was Agents Barton and Romanoff? That was pretty cool. When he finished, she smiled, intrigue on her face. "That's quite a story; it seems you're no stranger to betrayal, which is rather sad really. And now those two are Avengers..." Skye said. "Are you proud of them?" Her question was playful.

Okay, I’ve just got to ask…there was another Nick Fury? Is it like a weird coincidence or something?” She asked.

None.

CODED BY RIXENRAE

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Nick Fury
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 05:30 PM

Nick Fury

bio

plotter

79 posts

Nick Fury

StaffNPCs

Fury flashed a grin, teeth white against his dark skin. "Part coincidence, part not," he said. "And thereby hangs a tale."

Leaning back comfortably in his chair, the big man began. "SHIELD was created after the end of World War II, evolving from an Allied scientific-military organization called the Strategic Science Reserve. The first Director was a tough old Army Colonel named Chester Phillips, who'd been the director of the SSR during the war. As SHIELD grew, though, its focus became less military and more on international espionage, criminal conspiracies, that sort of thing. Phillips was a smart guy, but sneaky-spy stuff wasn't his beat."

That was when Hydra had managed to infiltrate their foot in the door, Nick figured. Phillips had been a bluff old warhorse, excellent at winning wars, but lacking the kind of insidious turn of mind Hydra had possessed.

"About a decade later, Phillips decided to retire. The man he tapped as his successor, Nick Fury, had been a young commando during the War, but had joined the CIA after mustering out and become a rising star there. Despite losing his left eye on an early mission."

With a quirk of the eyebrow over his own eyepatch, Fury continued. "By the time I -- Nick Jones -- joined SHIELD, Nick Fury had been Director for years and was already a legend. So when he decided to retire and nominated me to take his place, well, it just seemed right somehow." There was also the fact that the first Nick had actually been his biological father, but he saw no need to bring that up. "Losing my own eye, on the other hand, that was coincidence. Deliberate would have been taking homage a bit too far."

TAG: Skye
PMEmail
^
Skye
 Posted: May 2 2016, 04:14 PM

Agent Skye

bio

plotter

124 posts

Skye

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Skye chuckled, amusement on her face. "So everything goes. Stories probably pre-date almost everything, especially entertainment," she said. People liked to tell stories and before they were written down, they were spoken, right? The Prose Edda were tales told verbally before they were collected on page. She still couldn't get over how Thor had managed to fool some guy she forgot the name of into thinking he was Freya, a bride and the whole Loki and the horse thing.

She listened with interest at his telling of the history of SHIELD. She had heard some bits of history, but considering everyone seemed to learn that at the academy, it wasn't really brought up much. Skye therefore welcomed the information, as it felt like she could be a better part of the team. Although she was technically a proper agent now (ignoring the even more technical fall of SHIELD), she still felt a little like she didn't belong.

The story about how there was two Nick Furys was fascinating to her, and it made sense. "A little like a mantel has been passed down...do I start calling Director Hill Nicky Fury then?" Skye said playfully, though she wouldn't do it. She didn't actually know much about the woman, save for the fact that she was apparently an amazing agent. "That would be quite...there's homage and then there's going too far. It's a good look, though---I mean, you know, I'm sure you'd prefer both eyes---but making good out of a bad situation, it's badass."

Maybe she had gotten a little too comfortable with Coulson, her boss, that made her feel more comfortable with Fury. He seemed like the kind of guy you could have a laugh with, as long as you were on his good side.

None.

CODED BY RIXENRAE

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine