plot
The world has been thrown into turmoil. Two alien invasions in as many years resulted in thousands of casualties, with both only narrowly beaten back, and dangerous advanced technology falling into unscrupulous hands. Magneto's defeat by the Sentinels drove mutant supremacists to increasingly desperate and savage lengths. Rumors grew of uncanny monsters stalking the shadows and taking the unwary. But, through it all, humanity placed its faith in S.H.I.E.L.D.

And then S.H.I.E.L.D. fell.

wanted
We are looking for Melinda May, Jemma Simmons, T'Challa, Karl Mordo, Hank McCoy, Lucas Bishop, Dr. Doom, X-Men, Inhumans,

credits

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

We should not mind so small a flower, Feb 12th 1943, London
James "Bucky" Barnes
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 06:51 PM

The Winter Soldier

bio

plotter

397 posts

James "Bucky" Barnes

Independents

James Barnes | the Winter Soldier
Bucky chuckled at Marla's unkind words for this 'Baroness' lady. "I'm sure guttersnipe is giving her credit." He had no doubt that the first husband had fared about as well as the second, and any subsequent marriages. A true black widow...

"France isn't so very far off. People have managed to swim to there from where we are." And people had managed to travel much further distances before, war times or not. It might even make it easier for someone to sneak into the country if they were smart about it, though he was hardly an expert in international smuggling.

He hadn't considered biscuits, but they were a welcome addition. Far be it from him to pass up the chance to get some food. Although he was pretty sure those were cookies, not biscuits. Brits. When Marla handled the tea for him, he thanked her, waiting until she was done to add some cream.

"We're the 107th out of New York. A good chunk of us are Brooklyn boys, immigrants' kids. There's a couple other regiments camped with us, 'course, but mostly other New Yorkers and other northeastern states. Our camp is over towards the northeastern section of the city, towards the docks. It's just over a mile from here. You'd probably hear us before you saw us."

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Marla Drake
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 04:41 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

73 posts

Marla Drake

Independents

photo Marla180270-3.jpg

“I should be perfectly safe, The Baroness would cross the channel in a luxury yacht or not at all.” She replied, seeming unconcerned. One skill she had picked up since joining the SSR was knowing when to worry about something, and when it was pointless to do so. Until she got to the office to verify von Kamph’s where abouts there wasn’t a damn thing she could do about it.

Marla stirred her tea without a single indelicate clink on the porcelain. She had indeed heard the 107, or rather heard of them. They were one of the regiments that Phillips kept a personal eye on. Even though he was spending more and more time on a project back home, He expected a complete report of the regiment's activities, readiness, and roster on his desk whenever he returned. After one particular review, he had slapped the folder on the ‘file’ pile and grinned at her. ‘That, my dear, this the definition of grit. Every last one of them.’ If the Colonel had plans for them, perhaps it would be worth getting to know the 107th. And there was one sitting right across from her. Marla set her teaspoon on the edge of the saucer and picked up the flowered up.

Smiling at Bucky over the rim, she asked. “Will I be seeing any of you at the Sweetheart dance at the Paramount tomorrow? There is always a lack of talented dance partners.” Talented or not, she would dance with most anyone. Every soldier deserved at least one dance with a pretty girl. However, finding someone who could truly master the Lindy Hop was another matter.

PMEmail
^
James "Bucky" Barnes
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 07:01 PM

The Winter Soldier

bio

plotter

397 posts

James "Bucky" Barnes

Independents

"In that case, here's hoping that the Channel guards will be keeping an eye out for luxury yachts." Despite their relative unfamiliarity, Bucky was beginning to like this young woman. Of course, it wasn't exactly likely that they'd keep in touch somehow, but hopefully they would both survive the war and its aftermath.

He raised an eyebrow when she mentioned the dance. "Staying at home when there are ladies in need of dance partners is something that would put the 107th to shame." Well, there were worse fates, but it had been a while since the camp had been tempted with such entertainment. "I know more than half the camp plans to attend. I'll be there myself, with permission." Luckily he had good excuse for running late today.

"From your words, I take it you plan on being there yourself? Hopefully with a few other ladies from our part of town in attendance with you." Bucky would never pass up a chance to visit with people that possibly knew him or his friends. Brooklyn wasn't the smallest borough in the City, but it was certainly close-knit in certain neighbourhoods.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Marla Drake
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 05:39 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

73 posts

Marla Drake

Independents

photo Marla180270-3.jpg

I’m afraid the best I can do is New Jersey.” Marla teased. She had no doubt she could talk Lorraine into joining her that night. The blond was … indiscriminate … and always looking for new conquests. She and Marla were the only woman from the northeast in the office at the moment. There were several other american ladies in the SSR, but none from the New York area. Pity Peggy was off with the Colonel somewhere, she probably could have used an excuse to wear that gorgeous red dress Marla had talked her into getting. “There will be at least eight of us there, provided Colonel Phillips doesn’t come back early and put us all back to work. Shall I pencil you in on my dance card?” She asked playfully.

PMEmail
^
James "Bucky" Barnes
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 07:14 PM

The Winter Soldier

bio

plotter

397 posts

James "Bucky" Barnes

Independents

"New Jersey and New York dancing could turn out to be the talk of the town," Bucky teased. The two states didn't exactly have an enmity, but which ones entirely got along? He didn't mind where a girl was from as long as the dancing was enjoyable, though the closer to home, the closer to heart.

>> "Shall I pencil you in on my dance card?"

"Miss Marla, I'd be honoured," he answered with a smile, equally playful. "I hope I won't have to fight off too many fellas to earn your hand for a few minutes." Almost too bad that Steve wasn't here so Bucky could pester him into going, though God knew that that skinny kid didn't belong anywhere near a war zone.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Marla Drake
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 07:41 PM

N/A

bio

plotter

73 posts

Marla Drake

Independents

photo Marla180270-3.jpg

“Just a few, to make the victory all the sweeter.” Marla smiled, her demeanor winking even though her eye was not. Marla placed her teacup down gently. She was completely enjoying the conversation, and the company, but is was time. Through the one still intact glass window, she could see the shadows had darkened. Night was coming, and she had things to do. Stamping out the now stump of a cigarette, she gathered her things and stood.

“As delightful as this has been, I have to go.” Resting her hand on his arm, she leaned down close enough to smell his aftershave. Gently, she kissed him on the cheek, leaving a scarlet mark behind. All lightness left her voice as she said quietly by his ear “Thank you, Sergeant Barnes. I am in your debt. If you need anything, call me.” Then she straightened and her blithe smile returned. Without another word she sauntered her way out the door.

Tucked under Bucky’s saucer was a plain white card with a phone number.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine