plot
The world has been thrown into turmoil. Two alien invasions in as many years resulted in thousands of casualties, with both only narrowly beaten back, and dangerous advanced technology falling into unscrupulous hands. Magneto's defeat by the Sentinels drove mutant supremacists to increasingly desperate and savage lengths. Rumors grew of uncanny monsters stalking the shadows and taking the unwary. But, through it all, humanity placed its faith in S.H.I.E.L.D.

And then S.H.I.E.L.D. fell.

wanted
We are looking for Melinda May, Jemma Simmons, T'Challa, Karl Mordo, Hank McCoy, Lucas Bishop, Dr. Doom, X-Men, Inhumans,

credits

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Walked It Off, Tag/Open to Avengers | 4th March '14
Pietro Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 06:10 PM

Quicksilver

bio

plotter

284 posts

Pietro Maximoff

Independents

White. Bright lights. Masked surgeons. Pain.

Pietro yelled as he jerked into consciousness, crying out in pain as he thrashed on the operating table, one surgeon backing away hastily, scalpel in hand, blood-stained gloves over his hands. He twisted to glimpse another mask pumping something into a tube into his vein, but blacked out before he could see anything else.

When he woke again, he was restrained with thick metal that he writhed against, rebelling, eyes wild at the unfamiliar surroundings, fear rising in his throat as his mind supplied memories of being spread out in operating theatres before, with HYDRA, of torture, experimentation, being used, everything possible. His screams of agony echoed around the walls as his vision once again faded to dark.

He didn't know how many more times he woke, but every time was more painful, and yet every time he was able to fight less, despite no improvements being made to his bonds. His muscles wouldn't obey his command, wouldn't co-operate, just spasming and sliding in what he presumed was his own blood; he'd been in similar situations before. At some point he'd resorted to pleading, tongue curling around around the syllables again and again, begginng for mercy, for the pain to stop, for anything but this torture.

He thought he had felt a familiar touch at some point, but his brain was too hazy from blood loss and pain to attempt to figure it out to be fiction or not, and he began to dream deliriously, brain cycling through memories true and false as his body weakened under the hands of the surgeons. Eventually his state began to improve, slowly at first but picking up speed, though his delirium and dreams did not abate. Every time he awkoe he was disorienated, and had to be reminded whare he was, though he was starting to come around to the idea slowly, even if he didn't know it himself.

Pietro woke with a full-body jerk, an automatic reaction to the restraints that kept him in place on the bed, though these were leather, not metal. Easier to slip. His eyes darted fearfully around the room, unrecognising of the furniture, smell, any of it. And with his luck the doctors would be back to vivisect him again soon. He had to get out.

He twisted his wrists against his bonds, working them furiously despite the pains everywhere, but he disregarded them and concentrated on his escape. He succeeded in freeing one wrist and quickly flicked open the buckles on the rest of his restraints, and swung his legs over the side of the bed. As soon as his feet hit cold linoleum, he was off like a shot, but he hadn't registered an especially large wound in his left calf, which sent him spinning into trays of equipment and the door before he tripped over something and sprawled onthe floor. A tiny whimper escaped him, then, and he curled up on the floor, tensed up against the pain, the agony making his brain go hazy again. Oh, this had not been a good idea. He felt like he was going to vomit, and he knew he had no choice but to lie here until someone discovered him. He'd definitely pulled most, if not all of his stitches, and it was so much easier to just pass out...

Tag Avengers; Wanda Maximoff, Thor Odinsson, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, Carol Danvers

--------------------
user posted image

“I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it every day.”
PMEmail
^
Bruce Banner
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 12:18 PM

played by Liz

bio

plotter

121 posts

Bruce Banner

Avengers

Walked It Off / Stark Tower / Pietro & Avengers

Despite insisting that 'I'm not that kind of doctor', and not holding a medical degree, Bruce was still occasionally called upon to step in. Usually because one of his teammates had gotten on the bad side of their actual medical team again and didn't want to have to sit through paperwork and check-ups. It amused him, occasionally annoyed him, but also gave him another way to help out, so he generally did as asked. Fortunately he hadn't been given any tasks with taking care of Pietro, since they had actual doctors, but he'd still wandered around a time or two in order to check on the kid and make sure he was all right.

Usually he just dropped by but occasionally he brought some work with him. The change in scenery was nice and sometimes even helped him get a new look at the problem he was working on. Plus Tony very rarely entered the medical wing from what Bruce had observed, so if the billionaire was being pokey and annoying, Bruce could relocate to perfect peace. And keep an eye on Pietro as well, not that he didn't trust Jarvis.

But when the normal silence of the area was broken by a loud crash and clatter, Bruce paused from where he'd been walking down the hallway toward Pietro's room. He'd stopped in to visit a few of the other patients, chatting briefly before moving on, but he had been told the Maximoff boy was likely to be asleep for some time yet. "Jarvis?" he asked quietly, frozen in place. It was highly unlikely that anyone was there who wasn't supposed to be, but Bruce was not going to risk anything.

"Mr Maximoff released himself from his restraints and has injured himself in what was evidently an escape attempt," the AI relayed. Bruce immediately started down the hallway again, faster now, and Jarvis' voice followed."He appears disoriented and in pain but does not seem a danger. Nobody else is present." Well, that wasn't good, and he wasn't qualified to handle this situation, and-

Oh stop, you worry too much, he told himself. Seriously, what was the worst that could happen if he stayed with Pietro until professional help arrived? It wasn't like the kid could do anything that would make him Hulk out. Right? Right. Stop freaking out. A little more hesitant due to a natural fear of accidentally hurting someone who was already wounded, Bruce knocked on the doorframe and peeked inside, slightly wary as to what he'd find as Jarvis hadn't mentioned the nature of Pietro's injuries.

"Oh my god, Pietro," he exclaimed upon seeing him, instantly worried. He dropped the folder he'd been carrying onto a table by the door and rapidly approached the other man, intending to see what he could do to help him, if anything.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Pietro Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 01:23 PM

Quicksilver

bio

plotter

284 posts

Pietro Maximoff

Independents

Pietro didn’t know how long he’d been lying there in the gently spreading pool of blood spilling from his torn-open wounds, but it felt like an agonised age. He jerked back to reality as footsteps, rushed footsteps, a clatter, and a voice suddenly invaded his haze of pain. He thrashed, instinctual flight sense giving him more adrenaline, but he vaguely remembered thrashing in his own blood before… it had never ended well. He had managed to flip himself somehow, though, with an agonised scream as he landed on a particularly wretched injury, and stared up at the man he didn’t recognise.

“Gde ya? Kto ty? Chto vy sobirayetes' delat' so mnoy?” he asked, still trying to push himself up but slipping back to the linoleum every time. “Gde Vanda? YA khochu Vanda. Yavlyayetsya li ona bezopasna? Vy yey bol'no?” His voice grew more panicked as his questions continued, and he stared at the man. He managed to find the leg of some piece of furniture, and used it to haul himself upwards, palm wet with blood still slipping but also starting to stick and give him friction to work with. Once on his feet, he shot backwards, away from the man, but also away from the door. But he wouldn’t be able to get past the man, not in this state. And he was already losing too much blood; he’d pass out soon, he feared, he’d pulled out an IV of extra blood that they were evidently feeding him so he wouldn’t die on them.

He pointed a shaking finger at the man. “Kto ty?” he reiterated, supporting himself with the wall, chest heaving, ribs screaming for mercy, lungs burning, heart convulsing, everything crying out in agony. “Na kogo ty rabotayesh'? Otkuda ty znayesh' moye imya? Vy HYDRA? Vy rabotayete na Strakera? YA vse yeshche v Sokovia?” His grip was weakening on the wall, and his feet were slipping, but he wouldn’t let himself slump, wouldn’t let himself show any weakness. Weakness was punishable, and could result in his death.

Tag Bruce Banner & All Avengers

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bruce Banner
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 12:12 PM

played by Liz

bio

plotter

121 posts

Bruce Banner

Avengers

Bruce stepped back when Pietro started flailing around, limbs only half visible due to the speed he still retained. That wasn't good. He started back forward instinctually when Pietro screamed, not wanting to leave him alone to deal with his pain. It wasn't something he'd wish on any of his teammates, much less the youngest one around. He knew firsthand how little any kid deserved that. Sure, he'd been off on his own by the time he was Pietro's age, but still.

All the Russian went straight over his head. He'd never had any reason to learn the language, though he suspected it might be for the best that he learn a few key words if Pietro was going to make a habit of getting hurt. If the boy panicked and sort of forgot the whole English thing, well, they needed a way to be able to speak with him, especially if his sister wasn't around. Language gap, not good, though he was a little embarrassed that he hadn't even known that Pietro commonly spoke another language. Sure, they hadn't been around each other all the time, but still.

He was pretty sure that he heard Pietro mention his sister, even if he was totally lost. But still, he wasn't quite confident about whether he should say anything or even if Pietro would believe him. Saying or doing the wrong thing could end up in Pietro panicking, possibly running elsewhere in the Tower or even out onto the streets. And that? That would not be good, not to mention possibly dangerous for Pietro, or those sent to contain him.

The kid was evidently going to panic anyway, however, and Bruce realised it was probably going to be up to him to stop him from doing something that would hurt him even more badly than he'd already harmed himself. It was amazing that he'd just managed to stand up, much less keep his feet, but Bruce was very strongly concerned that Pietro was about to pass out in a minute or so.

"Er, Wanda?" he asked, hoping he'd actually picked up on the right thing and wasn't suddenly giving Pietro another thing to worry about. "She went out for the day, I think. But she's safe." Although he could be very wrong about that, given that he didn't always keep up with his teammates' whereabouts as much as he should. "Jarvis, could you...?"

"Mr Maximoff wants to know where he is and who he is with, as well as your intentions toward him and his sister Wanda, whom he desires to see," Jarvis explained. "He is concerned for her safety and wants to know your employment. And he also desires to know how you know him, and if you are Hydra or affiliated with someone named Stryker. He also seems to believe he remains in Sokovia."

"You're... do you not remember what happened?" Bruce asked. Do you speak English, please say you speak English, please. I'm not good at improv. "My name is Dr Bruce Banner, I'm an Avenger." Start with that, let him know he was safe. "We're not really friends, I haven't seen you around much, but we're teammates. I'm not gonna hurt you. And while I've never heard of Stryker, nobody here is Hydra. We've all spent a lot of time fighting them."

Now on to slightly more complicated things. "You got hurt but the team brought you back home. We're in New York, in Avengers Tower. Right now we're in the medical wing but you have your own rooms here." He was pretty sure Tony had given everyone an entire floor of the Tower, but no need to overwhelm him. "The doctors thought you'd be unconscious for a couple more days but we weren't really sure how your healing factor worked when you were hurt so badly."

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Pietro Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 06:29 PM

Quicksilver

bio

plotter

284 posts

Pietro Maximoff

Independents

Pietro’s hand dropped as the man began to talk, suddenly having to concentrate a lot more as the language was not his own, frowning through the haze as the little man babbled away. He was able to understand him (barely) but couldn’t form the words himself, and continued to speak in his native tongue. “Ona luchshego byt' v bezopasnosti. V protivnom sluchaye vashe serdtse...” He paused and clenched his hand at the man for effect. “budet v moyey ruke. Khlyupayetsya. Vy ponimayete?” He grinned toothily at the threat, hoping he was looking in the right direction, his vision was fast fading and going blurry. He slammed a fist on one of his wounds, and grunted, felt extremely nauseous, but his vision cleared briefly.

He suddenly got distracted by the voice from the ceiling, and swore heavily, spinning around to try to find the source, crashing into the IV stand and heart monitor machine as he did, crumpling against the wall. “Chto koldovstvo eto? Razve ya s uma? Chto ty sdelal so mnoy? Kak ty eto delayesh'?!” he yelled, clutching at his head, trying to rid his mind of the voice. He slumped against the white wall when it finally vanished again, and the blood smeared liberally from his back to the paint as he flopped into it, glad the torture had stopped.

But then the man started speaking again, and Pietro lifted wary, weary eyes to stare at him. “Net, ya ne-” He broke off. The man was a doctor? Shit. His eyes widened and he struggled to stand again, though where he was going to go he didn’t know. Perhaps out the window? But anything was better than being crouched. Too vulnerable. He disregarded everything else the man said, chest heaving as he searched for another exit. Ventilation shaft? Screwed tight shut. Window? Locked, most likely, and by the faintness of the colour outside, they were high up. His eyes were wide as a loco mustang’s, and his nostrils flared, and froth bubbled at the corner of his mouth, though it was not the good kind in any respect. He coughed briefly into his forearm, wiping away the bloody mucus on the hospital gown, and his chest once more heaved into hyperventilation.

Bruce Banner & other Avengers

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bruce Banner
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 08:10 PM

played by Liz

bio

plotter

121 posts

Bruce Banner

Avengers

Bruce tried to be clear about what he was saying since Pietro evidently had some work focusing on it all. He... he did understand what Bruce was trying to tell him, right? Maybe he would have to get Jarvis to translate for him. Orrr maybe not judging by Pietro's first impression of the AI. That could complicate things.

The threat went untranslated, evidently due to Jarvis' discretion. However, the meaning came through loud and clear, though Bruce remained ignorant of the heart thing. Understanding that his life was evidently supposed to be jeopardised was no problem, however. Pietro would most certainly not be able to do anything, though the Other Guy might awkwardly show up.

Bruce frowned at Pietro deliberately injuring himself himself just to stay awake. He was familiar with the rush of adrenaline-fueled clarity that came from reopening a wound like that. And he also knew what a bad choice it was to do so. "Stop that, you're going to hurt yourself," he told him, more sharply than intended. Probably not good that he'd done that.

"Mr Maximoff is under the impression that you have either bewitched him into hearing voices, or he has gone crazy," Jarvis informed him. "I would recommend that you keep your distance from him, Dr Banner."

Absolutely not. "Shan't," he disagreed, crossing the room to one of the trays of medical supplies. The top rack was unfortunately mostly composed of surgical equipment and the like, which would doubtlessly panic the kid. But under it was a bin of various bandages, which was what Bruce was going for. "Hush now," he said in a no-nonsense voice. Which... probably also not the best thing to say. Sure, freak the kid out.

"Jarvis, I want you to tell him that I am most certainly not in any way the kind of man that would hurt him." Using the voice in the ceiling might not be the best, but Bruce didn't want to risk a mistranslation. "And try to explain yourself in some way that'll calm him down." Pietro really needed to stop before he knocked himself out or something.

The AI complied, though Bruce wasn't sure exactly what Jarvis said about himself. Most people would call him an 'it', sure, but he had too much personality for Bruce to do that. Tony constantly referred to him as if he was human anyway and the habit had sort of rubbed off.

Though he was still halfway across the room and a good ten feet away from Pietro, Bruce crouched down before dropping and averting his gaze. "I am not going to hurt you," he said, speaking slowly and clearly while trying not to make it seem like he thought the other man was too stupid to understand normal speech patterns. "But you're losing too much blood and you need help." No shit, Sherlock. At the moment he seemed to be Pietro's only option, too, though he hoped Jarvis had sent out an alert-slash-sos to the rest of the team. Or maybe the actual medical doctors.

"You are a lot stronger and faster than I am. There's not much I can do to hurt you, and certainly not with just a couple bandages. I'm sorry I yelled at you before but I was worried you'd hurt yourself." If Pietro was unaware of him turning into a huge green monster, Bruce would probably look like a very easy target for any sort of violence. Fairly short, thin almost to the point of underweight despite a good home, signs of age in the few grey hairs and lines in his face. Usually not somebody that people were afraid of when he was human, but then again, he couldn't blame Pietro under the circumstances. He would have already been green by now.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Pietro Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 02:46 AM

Quicksilver

bio

plotter

284 posts

Pietro Maximoff

Independents

Pietro slowly curled into himself, hiding from the voice in the ceiling that suddenly spoke his own language at him, the man that snapped at him, and was blocking the door. He had his fingers in another wound that Bruce couldn’t see, keeping his consciousness. Of course, once they started torturing he’d be more than happy to pass out, but at the moment, he couldn’t. Wouldn’t let himself. If they had Wanda too…

His eyes slowly flicked up to meet the doctor’s, and he watched him like an angry cat would watch anything else. An angry, injured cat, who knew he was beaten but didn’t want to be in any sense of the word. He slowly translated the words. He’d been lied to before, but before they had used force to get him where he wanted, not calm, quiet words, and definitely not a man like this. And he was offering help, not pain, apparently. Pietro’s heart screamed at him to run, but there was nowhere to run. His brain was fudged by the blood loss, and also likely whatever drugs his system had not burned through yet. He had to make a choice. If he submitted, he could be punished for weakness, but if he didn’t, he could be punished for rebellion. There was no easy way out. He sighed softly.

“Predstavlyayu na, chto vy budete,” he mumbled, his head thudding back against the wall, a habitual baring of the throat as of submission; there had far too often been a collar around his neck with Strucker.

“Predstavlyayu na, chto vy budete.”

Bruce Banner & other Avengers

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bruce Banner
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 04:15 PM

played by Liz

bio

plotter

121 posts

Bruce Banner

Avengers

Bruce could tell that Pietro was really not liking anything of what was happening, but to be fair, he wouldn't either. He hadn't, when he'd been in similar places himself. It had been scary and he'd wanted to be left alone. Unfortunately right now he couldn't give Pietro that accommodation due to his physical state. Safety and health came before comfort.

He could tell that Pietro expected him to hurt him, an instinct-level fear that certainly would not be going away any time soon thanks to the way this had all started. But he could play for a long-term game, try to do a little something to make up for all of this. After all, he would probably be out in the field with him sooner or later, and he'd prefer to not have preexisting conflicts.

It wouldn't have surprised him at all to know Pietro's thought processes, but he at least had the consolation of being completely genuine. And even though it seemed like Pietro only expected him to come over to abuse him, he was at least not fighting against him. Yet, his mind supplied. He wouldn't be totally surprised if the speedster was only waiting for him to get close enough before attacking him.

Dangers of life. A very weird life. Bruce got up, not as wary of the other man as Pietro was but certainly not carefree. "I won't hurt you," he promised again. He didn't like the look in the other man's eyes in any way but figured it was better that he didn't go completely blank. That was a stage of shock that he didn't want to deal with right now.

All right, try to keep this kid from wanting to murder you while you try to fix him. Easy. They weren't even in a war zone or anything... "You need to tell me if this hurts, okay?" he asked as he approached him, a little slowly. "I'll stop if it does." Nothing that Pietro would believe, but his actions would match his words and hopefully that would stand for something.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Pietro Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 05:20 PM

Quicksilver

bio

plotter

284 posts

Pietro Maximoff

Independents

The man continued to talk but Pietro was all but zoned out. He jerked a little as he suddenly realised how close the doctor was, but just slid a bit in his puddle. He watched through half-lidded eyes as whatever-it-was was done to him, and he was fairly sure he passed out several times, and each time his fingers jerked in the wound on Bruce’s blind side to keep him awake, but he was swiftly losing the energy to even do that.

His forehead creased as he began to slip into the semi-dream state he’d been in before the first few times he’d woken up after the surgery, and he began to twitch slightly, mumbling in Russian under his breath, eyelids fluttering as he dreamt, and not nice dreams.
“Net, prosti. YA ne khotel. Eto ya byl vinovat. Ne soldata. Net, pozhaluysta, pomiluy. KhaShem, uderzhat' yeye v bezopasnosti, pozhaluysta, pust' on pomiluyet yeye tozhe. Net!”

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bruce Banner
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 08:16 PM

played by Liz

bio

plotter

121 posts

Bruce Banner

Avengers

Bruce hadn't realised quite how badly off Pietro was until he'd gotten a closer look. The other man was clearly out of it, almost entirely, but didn't attempt to hurt him as he started his work on him. At least that was a bonus. Honestly, he had no idea how he'd hurt himself this badly, but he was very concerned. Official help would definitely be needed in the near future but he would hopefully be able to get him slightly stabilised first.

Pietro was half or totally out of it throughout most of what he did, which Bruce wasn't wholly unhappy with. It was a lesser chance of him hurting someone (namely Bruce) or trying to run away again. Still, he tried to keep his touch as gentle as he could. From his current impression of the other man, there was far too little kindness in his past and possibly even his present, despite his devotion to his sister. And Wanda should probably know about all this.

When Pietro first spoke, Bruce thought he was being addressed and glanced up from his work. However it was quickly apparent that the young mutant wasn't awake at all. "Jarvis," he said quietly, trusting the AI to match his tone as he hurried to finish with his current bandage. As it was translated, his frown deepened, and he flinched a little at Pietro's next-to-last sentence begging for, he assumed, his sister. It was a far too familiar sound, though he hadn't asked for such in decades, and it had been his mother at the time.

"Wake up," he said firmly, moving his hand to Pietro's shoulders. "Pietro, you're still safe here, but I need you to wake up." And not hurt me in the process, please, because I'm sure the damage to you would be far greater than whatever you do to me. Not to mention that Bruce would likely feel far more guilty as well. And that was just assuming that Pietro survived a run-in with the Other Guy. The containment system he'd been working on with Tony was still far from perfected.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Pietro Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 08:04 AM

Quicksilver

bio

plotter

284 posts

Pietro Maximoff

Independents

At Bruce’s words, Pietro stilled and fell silent, but he didn’t wake, he remained unconscious, blood seeping into the bandages and still flowing from the still-open wounds, though it was slowly beginning to clot. He remained so for several minutes, the only sign that he was still alive was the unsteady rise and fall of his bloody chest.

Then, suddenly, he began to murmur again, and twist, and writhe, voice rising in volume and urgency as he cried for two people he would never, ever see again. “Mama! Papa!” His head tossed, the white streaks in his hair quickly becoming bloodied like the rest of him as he thrashed, squirming about in the pool of scarlet, limbs carelessly slung into Bruce and furniture alike as he did so, body contorted in pain, both mental and physical. “Pozhaluysta! Mama! Papa!”

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bruce Banner
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 08:13 PM

played by Liz

bio

plotter

121 posts

Bruce Banner

Avengers

Bruce was deeply worried at Pietro's movement (or rather lack of movement). Until the mutant suddenly started flailing around and crying out in his sleep, both of which concerned him. Knocked back by the hit, he scootched backwards a little more to effectively get himself out of range and then got to his feet. He'd banged an elbow kind of hard but it would stop hurting in a few minutes. And he had to think of Pietro more than of himself. So far there was no chance of the Other Guy coming out and things could probably stay that way.

"Oh, Pietro," he said sadly, running a hand through his hair. He glanced over at the medicine cabinet, but he had no idea if the young man had already been on anything or any other parts of his medical history that would be necessary for him to know before dosing him. Sure, he could have asked Jarvis and found out, but it also felt wrong to drug him without any form of consent.

A hand zoomed toward his face and Bruce caught it, fingers wrapping around Pietro's wrist. He fully intended to hold on if he could, in an attempt to subdue him a little without outright restraining him. No doubt that would only make him panic if he woke to that, though Bruce would guess he would sleep for some time yet. If you could call that sleeping.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
Clint Barton
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 09:17 PM

Hawkeye

bio

plotter

622 posts

Clint Barton

Avengers

The plane Clint was flying wasn't exactly a quinjet. Well, it actually was, just ... more so. It was a quinjet on Tony Stark, the sort of thing that happened when the genius inventor took the concept for an already high-tech aircraft and let his inspiration off the leash. The result was an absolute marvel, but it was also a prototype. It needed a pilot to take it out and put it through its paces and, ironically for a man who could fly, Tony was not actually the best pilot on the team.

That was Clint, and the archer had been nothing loath, virtually leaping at the opportunity. Had it been a car, he would have had the keys in hand and been halfway to the driveway before Stark finished asking. He'd had great expectations and hadn't been disappointed. There were a few things he thought could do with a little adjustment but all in all, it was a sweet ride.

He'd finished dictating his notes into a recorder and was bringing the plane in for a landing atop the Tower when JARVIS' voice came over the radio. "Welcome back, Agent Barton. Your presence is urgently requested in the infirmary. Young Mr. Maximoff's metabolism appears to be highly resistant to sedation and painkillers, and he awakened a short time ago in a disoriented and agitated state. Dr. Banner is attempting to calm him, with limited success."

"On my way," Clint said, setting the plane down rather more rapidly than he usually would and hitting the harness release before it had finished settling on its landing gear. "Shut her down please, JARVIS," he instructed. That was something he would have done himself under normal circumstances, but these weren't normal and there was no time to waste.

Leaping through the still-opening hatch, the archer landed in a dead run for the Infirmary, trusting the AI to clear such pesky obstacles as closed doors, Legos, and stray personnel out of his way.

TAG: Pietro Maximoff & Bruce Banner
PMEmail
^
Pietro Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 01:16 AM

Quicksilver

bio

plotter

284 posts

Pietro Maximoff

Independents

Pietro definitely wasn’t conscious, not yet, but what was happening around him in real life definitely strongly impacted what was going on in his head. As his arms flailed, one wrist was caught, and his body jerked, trying to pull away, writhing for about ten seconds before he fell limp, frantic tone of voice dropping to quiet to non-existent, as he obviously tried to shy away from something by being as quiet as possible.

In Pietro’s mind, he was back with Strucker, reliving one of the moments since he’d first got his powers. He hadn’t liked any of the experimentation, far from it, and was refusing to get back on the table. No. Not now he could run away. He could take Wanda and- the sharp hiss of Strucker’s voice in his ear and his sharp grip made him buck, threatening Wanda’s life if he didn’t do as he was told.
“Pozhaluysta. Net, yeyo ne bolyat, ya budu khoroshim mal'chikom. Bol'no mne Vmesto pozhaluysta. YA khochu derzhat' yeye bezopasnost'. U yeyo ne bolyat. Pozhaluysta,” he pleaded quietly, twisting slightly under Bruce’s grip. “Pozhaluysta.”

He continued to quietly wriggle, trying to get out of Strucker’s grip, when there came the touch of another hand, a familiar hand, and his eyes flew open, searching in his delirium. “Papa?”

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bruce Banner
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 09:30 PM

played by Liz

bio

plotter

121 posts

Bruce Banner

Avengers

Bruce came really close to hating himself at Pietro's reaction to him grabbing him. Still, neither one of them could get hurt, and even though he was going to hide in his lab for about three years after this, he couldn't just leave him here. Especially not all alone and in pain. The Hulk might be a monster but Bruce wasn't. Or at least he hoped he wasn't, though it was at times like these that he wasn't so sure...

Jarvis translated without prompting, though Bruce really sort of wished he hadn't. "I-I won't hurt Wanda, Pietro, I promise. I won't hurt her." He was pretty sure Jarvis translated but he was focused more on the person than the vague disembodied voice coming from the ceiling. Finally he heard footsteps, approaching even more rapidly than he'd been, which initially made him anxious until he saw who it was. Thank god they wouldn't have an incident on top of all this.

"I don't know what happened, he just-" Bruce cut himself off, waving his free hand vaguely, clearly distressed. Partly on Pietro's behalf and partly because he'd caused the younger man harm in a sense. He'd made Pietro think his sister's safety was at stake, what sort of person did that? Unintentionally, sure, but still. When the kid suddenly perked up and mentioned his father, Bruce's expression was pretty much pure 'what the fudge' but he was more than willing to let Clint take point. Experience or not, he really wasn't this kind of doctor. And evidently Clint was somehow sort of his dad. Bruce hadn't seen that one coming.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine